Friday, November 29, 2013

A post from The Diliman Files

We met online, we're not from the same campus, what we had was as random as it could get. But at that time, everything just fell into place. What we had, it was something true, something special. 

I didn't know what came to me, i did the most random thing one morning. I texted you and said "Hi ". Soon after, we began texting each other like crazy. We never let a day pass without talking to each other. Our conversations were always great. Be it intellectual topics or even the most mundane things, we always had something to talk about. Every time, I waited in anticipation for your replies. I can't even help myself, I text you even when i'm in a meeting with my boss. I couldn't get my mind off of you. 

I've already fallen in love with you. You encouraged me every time i fell down. You made me smile, even when the things around me are falling apart. Heck, you even indulge me with my corny jokes. Your open ended texts kept me awake all night, making me think over and over again if i said something wrong. You began to matter a lot to me. The first love i've ever felt. And it is the very same reason that i need to let go of what we have.

I want you in my life. I need you in my life. But "we" can't happen now. We both have our dreams. We both have our goals in life. You've got a lot of things ahead of you, and i don't want to be that guy who's gonna hold you back.

I want you to find someone special. Someone better than me. Someone who can give his 100% to you, because you deserve the best.

Maybe, just maybe, if we see each other someday, just as random as we first met, I'll make sure that i'm never letting you go.

-kikomachine, 2012, CHE

No comments:

Post a Comment

script type="text/javascript"> var img = document.getElementsByClassName("profile-img"); img[0].setAttribute("src", img[0].getAttribute("src").replace(/s\B\d{2,4}/,'s' + '256-c'));